Consuming too much salt may cause high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease, which is why it should be eaten in moderation.
For this reason, Himalayan pink salt has emerged as an alternative to regular salt, purportedly because it is less stressful for the body to consume.
- Use black pepper as seasoning instead of salt. Try it on pasta, scrambled egg, pizza, fish and soup
- Add fresh herbs and spices to pasta dishes, vegetables and meat. Try garlic, ginger, chilli and lime in stir fries
- Make your own stock and gravy by boiling left over vegetables or meat
- Try baking or roasting vegetables such as red peppers, tomatoes, courgettes, fennel, parsnips and squash to bring out their flavour
- Make sauces using ripe tomatoes (or cooked beetroot) and garlic.