Prep: 15 mins
- 240g long-grain rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600g pack chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into small florets, stem finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped and deseeded (if you like)
- 1 ½ tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 40g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 15g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Cook the rice in a large pan of boiling water for 15 mins or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the chicken, season and fry for 5 mins until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon, leaving any oil in the pan.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, ginger and most of the chilli to the pan and stir-fry for 5 mins. Return the chicken to the pan and cook for 2 mins or until cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat and add the soy sauce.
- Divide the rice between 4 plates and top with the chicken and vegetables. Scatter over the cashew nuts, remaining chilli and the coriander to serve.
Here are 5 other ways you can consume Broccoli!
- Steam for 8 – 10 minutes
- Roast and add sesame seeds or lemon juice
- Add to pasta with some pesto. Blend the broccoli or chop into smaller pieces.
- Finely chopped for a winter vegetable soup